Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

Not the prettiest day in Gloucester.

I left D.C. around 8pm on Tuesday to head to my family's house in Gloucester. I-95 was a little bit of a mess, but once I got off on 17 it was smooth sailing. I arrived around 11:30 to find my parents (surprisingly still awake). It was nice to talk to them for a few minutes before we all retired for the night. Unfortunately, the weather was rainy and dreary so it put a little damper on the activities.

But it did not put a damper on the food. We had all the normal fixin's (turkey, ham, homemade mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, stuffing, pumpkin pie) and there were a few non-traditional items as well (roasted duck, peach pie and a ginger trefoil). The food was great. I ate my full and then I ate some more.

I love thanksgiving, it is my FAVORITE holiday.

I hope everyone had as great of a thanksgiving as I did :)

No comments: