Sunday, July 08, 2012

Sweeties




Yesterday I got a surprise in the mail. . . When I was pregnant with Maddie I joined a pregnancy group on Babycenter looking for support, advice and just people to vent to. About 5 years later they are still some of my closest friends and confidents. We have all been through a lot together, divorces, crazy kids, sick kids, sick mommies, surgeries, Hudson's Lukemia, Zooey's tumor and now my cancer. I know they are always there to talk to, laugh with and vent together. I don't know how I would of made it through the past years without them to talk to.

Yesterday, I received a cancer care basket from them. It was so sweet, considerate and personalized. It was full of things to help me get through treatment and the ups and downs....full of information. It made me cry my eyes out, mostly because how thoughtful it was but also because no one has ever done anything like that for me before. Of course I have also never had cancer before. But I know with these girls by my side, it will be easier.

No comments: